Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just Me, Myself and I

So, here I sit. Me, Myself and a GIANT glass of wine... that came from a box...but that is neither here nor there...


So it's been one month since I have seen FF. And as much as I hate to admit it, I kinda miss him. Almost had me thinking that maybe miserable with someone is better than happy alone. But then I realized that's just crazy talk! (well that, and a pep talk from my friend, Tiffany--she might just beat some self esteem into me yet...) I keeo listening to "A little but stronger" by Sarah Evans. She claims that one day I'll turn around, and I'll realize that I haven't cried. That I'm getting stronger. But all I did at one month, was hide in the bathroom at work and cry. Pathetic huh?

I did relapse... I called him last week, at 1am... like a drunken fool. He didn't answer and I woke his parents. he called me the next day and I blamed it on my Iphone. "Damn touchscreen" was my exact defense. He wasn't mad and we talked for about 3 whole minutes. Then I had a missed call at 3:30am from a hotel in Boston. After some detective work, I figured out it was him. I emailed him to find out why he called...and I have not received a response. I guess it really is over this time.

I guess what really hurts...is that he HASN'T EVEN TRIED to call me. To apologize. To fix this! I guess I'm just filled with more self doubt than ever because I must not be worth the effort. I try to imagine that it will get better, put on that happy, sunshiny face for people, for MYSELF. But deep down, you know it's all bullshit. And so do I.  I mean, if I'm not even worth it to someone who could give a rats ass about me, then how am I going to be worth it to someone who will actually care?

I used to LOVE my alone time. Curled up on the couch in a comfy blanket, watching what I want and vegging out.  Now that I have done that for a month... I kinda miss that fight over the remote, the deciding whats for dinner together, the cuddling. Will I ever have that again? That comfort of just "being" with someone? Seems like such an effort at this point. To try and know someone like I knew him.

Don't fret, my readers.. all 16 of you (yay!) I'm not going back to him. And I'm going to work on me and my non-existing self esteem! I promise. I'm going to blame this momentary lapse in heartache on PMS and boxed wine. I do miss him though. I can not tell a lie. But I'm just going to keep playing that goofy country song over and over until I believe it. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. ~Yeah, worry about You right now. You Are Worth it!

    Just popping in from LADY BLOGGERS.

    I'll be back.

    Thanks :)
    Kim from My Inner Chick

    http://myinnerchick.com/2011/02/05/curvy-girls-in-skinny-bitches-out-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Erin. Each day will get a little easier. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those country songs that help heal the broken heart! Stopping by from lady bloggers tea party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!! I'm trying.. I'm trying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay Strong Rin! Love you! heres a little something to cheer you up.... "lost in a hallway of your mind... cant find my way out.. baby bay let me out.. dont push me down the stairs of love" lol how lame were we!!!!! Love the memories.. you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lauren!! You da best! Now slap that knee! Slap that knee!

    ReplyDelete