Sunday, January 9, 2011

Why Hello There!

Hello Everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog of sorts!  First of all, let me tell you---there WILL be spelling errors. I am a HORRIBLE speller. I almost will never spell out D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y again because I think it's one of the hardest words to spell. Also, there will be a LOT of grammar errors. I'm not really trying to impress anyone here. Third, the blog name--"LilysYak."  Most of you know me and my cat/dog Lily and her need to puke almost daily as just to piss off my roommate, Liz. As I was searching for a blog name, she started her nightly ritual of showing me her dinner and it came to me! Funny how that happens...

Like the urge to start a blog...Some of my friends on Facebook tell me I'm "funny" so I figured, hey! I can be funny while in paragraph format! Well, at least I can try. As for things that happen for a reason... Today's little gem was courtesy of my now 6 hour long ex. Lets call him "FuckFace" for the time being.  He decided it was ok to be MAD at me because he went out last night, got drunk and had no way home from the bar. When he called me to pick up his drunken ass, I said NO. Oh the horror. Did I mention the bar is a whopping 1/2 mile from his house? He WALKED to the bar...he can WALK home, no?  So he argues with me all day, blah blah blah....and in the end.. calls me... wait for it....FATSO. WHAT?! Come on.

So, I had an epiphany. I WILL NEVER BE CALLED FAT AGAIN. Nope. I watch endless amount of reality cheese tv... I see people drop MILLIONS of pounds on tv!  So why not me? Why not me is because for years I have been lazy. Yup--I'm admitting it. I would rather come home after work and lounge on the couch instead of sweat in the gym. But now, with FuckFace out of the picture... I have no excuse. And if I am forced to write about it...with an audience ( I hope!) then I will have to prove it.

This blog will not just consist of my journey to lose the weight equal to a 5th grader, but will also take you through a journey in the life of Erin. Where stupid shit happens almost every day. So, sit back and enjoy. I'll do my best to update everyday but if I don't...please just don't call me FATSO.

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! I'm following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not follow you, you make me laugh daily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! Good Luck Erin! I think this is great!
    Linds, Ant, Steve and I started our own biggest Loser. If you ever want to go for a walk, give me a ring! Would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete